Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My Fall Lust List!

Fall Lust List




Every season I find myself browsing my favorite store websites for the latest trends, flipping through magazines, watching endless YouTube hauls and every season, by the end of the season, my wallet hurts. I would love to buy everything I see (or have one of those never ending closets like Cher in Clueless where outfits just put themselves together on a screen.) *sigh* That would be the life. Sadly however, the reality of life is- it’s expensive! Sometimes sacrifices need to be made, that "too cute" romper from Free People (that, let’s be honest, I’ll probably wear once) OR my car payments…unfortunately the car wins. 

However! I have found a way to curb my sick shopping addiction and save up for the things I really want, praise the shopping Gods! Every month I add to my "lust list", if I see an item that catches my eye or makes me think “I must have that”, onto the list it goes. 
This way, I have a chance to think about it before I buy it. 
If after a few days it’s still on my list, then I know it’s worth saving for! 


Here are a few items I’m currently drooling over really liking this season: 

1. Swing Dress- ASOS - I love the billowy-ness (is that a word?) of this dress. Totally on the Boho trend for fall, this piece can be dressed up or down. Pair it with boots and a faux fur vest for a walk through Central Park, or tie up your hair into a slightly undone chignon bun, burgundy lips and heels for a night out with the girls. Possibilites= endless.

2. Nine West ‘Caldren’ Boots- Lord and Taylor- These boots are too beautiful for words. I invested in flat, black leather over-the-knee boots last fall and I wore them to death! Black over-the-knees are so classic to me, they really go with so much and can give an outfit that extra edge. I’m a tall girl (5’ 8”) and I used to be really shy about wearing heels, but as I get older and “grow into my womanhood” I’ve become more comfortable with my height and choose to rock heels whenever possible. If ya got it flaunt it honey. 

3. Rebecca Minkoff ‘Small Monroe Tote’- Rebecca Minkoff- This bag is the perfect size for me. I’ve never been one to lug everything but the kitchen sink out of the house with me, I like to carry just the essentials. The sleek design, minimal hardware, top handle and cross body strap scream my name. Plus, the oxblood color makes it great for adding a pop of fall color that can be easily transitioned into winter. 

4. Olivia Burton ‘Winter Garden’ Watch- Twisted Time- I’ve been on the hunt for a new watch lately. Something simple, ideally with a leather strap and gold hardware. This watch caught my eye for the floral face. The floral is subtle enough to flow with any season and it’s totally on trend for the fall. 

5. Felt Floppy Hat- Rag & Bone- Floppy hats are just as much fun to wear as they are to say. Say it out loud. Floppy. Hat. Floppy Flop. (It’s the little things people). Anyway! I love wearing hats, especially in the fall. It can get kind of windy here in the New Jersey/York area, hats are an easy way to keep your locks hunkered down while still looking tres chic

6. ‘So Real’ Sunglasses- Dior- Yowza. These glasses are super trendy and the price tag is quite hefty. But celebs like Kylie Jenner, Olivia Palermo, Rihanna and many more have all been spotted hiding behind these cool frames. For those of us that need to be a little more frugal with our expenses, I found this great dupe from Express

7. ‘Le Rouge’ Limited Edition Lipstick- Givenchy- Okay, so maybe I’m just a sucker for the packaging but HOW BEAUTIFUL is this tube of lipstick. These tubes are limited edition and somewhat hard to track down but c’mon…look at it! I don’t even know if I’m a fan of Givenchy Lipsticks as I’ve only ever tested their mascara and highlight, but I love those products so here’s hoping their lipsticks are formulated well too! 

8. Narciso Rodrigez ‘For Her’- Sephora- Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a fragrance junky. I collect them, switch my fragrance based on my mood, I just love scents. This perfume I’ve smelled several times but have never gotten around to picking a bottle up for myself. Maybe I will this fall! This scent has a sexiness to it that’s warm enough for fall but not too overpowering. It’s a floral scent with amber and woody undertones that give it that cozy, sexy, warm scent. 

9. Tatcha Polished Rice Enzyme Powder- Sephora- A friend of mine has been using these products and so far she really likes them. The price is a little hefty for a pot, but hey, if it works it works right? This product is described as being a “gentle yet effective exfoliating cleanser and toner” gentle enough for daily use. It’s formulated without parabens or sulfates AND it’s completely cruelty free (woo!). I’m curious to try it! 

10. O.P.I Venice Collection ‘Worth A Pretty Penne’- Ulta- I may or may not like this product simply due to the fact that it’s from the “Venice” collection. NOTE: I am completely in love with Italy as a country and it is honestly one of my favorite places in the world, if you haven’t been I strongly recommend it! Back to the product, I do love the pink-y gold color of this polish. It’s a pretty neutral color that’s a deep enough pink for the fall but still very feminine.

So those are my top 10 lusts this fall, you can find more of what’s on my lust list on my Pinterest. What’s on your list and what are your favorite trends for the fall? 


Here’s to you trendsetters and go getters! 


~~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel Guide: Rome, Italy

My guide to: Rome, Italy Hey now, hey now! There’s one city in the world that stole my heart when I was 18 and never quite let go of...